- Content Studio ver. 4.0 and later
If the full-text search does not work on your site you can follow the following check list.
- Is full-text indexing installed on the SQL Server? Check with the server administrator. Note that full-text is not installed by default if SQL-server developers or desktop edition runs on a workstation and cannot be installed on MSDE.
- Is the full-text up to date? You can open the appropriate dialog from the properties dialog of the entire site.
- Have you set up a page with the AS-komponent "Search form" and set its properties to point to another page that contains either "Search result for categories" or the older "Search result"? (Avoid using the latter which is outdated).
- If you are using "Search result for categories" you must configure "Search form" to use method "GET" instead of "POST".
- If you have specified in "Search result for categories" to search in selected units or all units only categories marked with the attribute "Searchable" will be included in the hit list. This is the only option for the older "Search result" component. You can mark a category as searchable in the category's property dialog.
- Check permissions, BROWSE permission for the caller is required to get any hits.
- The full-text index might be lost and needs to be rebuilt. For more details see the following article How to rebuild the Content Studio full-text index.